Applying for Funding
Applying for funding
As a relatively small charity with limited funds available for giving it is important that you check your organisation/project meets our current criteria before making an application for funding (generally up to £5,000).
- Your organisation must be a registered UK charity with the Charity Commission in England, Wales or Northern Ireland or a registered Scottish Charity.
- We are able to help only small and medium-sized charities with an annual turnover of under £1m. and with ‘unrestricted reserves’ of under six months annual running costs based on their latest published annual accounts. Note: we do not consider any ‘tangible fixed assets’ as unrestricted reserves.
- We can accept applications only towards the funding of ‘capital’ projects. We are unable to accept applications towards running/core costs. Note: we are unable to consider requests for computers and IT equipment.
- All applications must relate to projects that assist individuals in their return to mainstream society, rather than simply offering shelter or other forms of sustenance.
- There should be a minimum period of two years between the receipt of a decision or receiving a grant from us and making a further application.
All applicants must fully complete our official application form which should be downloaded –see the link below. Applicants should clearly describe the aims and structure of their organisation, their future plans and specific details of how any grant will be spent. A copy of the latest available audited accounts is also required.
Deadlines for applications
The quarterly deadlines for applications for funding each year are: 15th March / 15th June/ 15th September/ 15th December. You will be informed of the trustees’ decision within six weeks of each deadline.
Examples of recent grants made can be seen here.